In District D, we need to work to repair and modernize infrastructure as our neighborhoods continue to age.
● Repair and revitalize roads, modernize water pipes, and improve sewers.
● Conduct a comprehensive study of traffic signals to ensure safety.
● Establish a Flood Mitigation Plan.
BALANCE ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Support balanced growth while emphasizing environmental protection and natural resource sustainability.
● Increase community gardens and greenspace.
● Limit developers’ ability to remove trees & emphasize post-construction tree maintenance.
● Improve community awareness with environmental updates.
IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIVING FOR ALL RESIDENTS
Work to make Cary a more age-friendly town by improving the quality of living for seniors and young families.
● Expand Senior Center and program offerings.
● Provide support services to seniors living independently.
● Promote low-cost and high-quality after-school programs for young children.